Speech & Language Services
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Augmentative Communication
- Aural Rehabilitation
- English as a Second Language Individual/Group Tutorial (ESL)
- Fluency Disorders
- Language Delay
- Language/Learning Based Problems
- Language/Literacy Enrichment Group (LLEG)
- Neurogenic Disorders (Aphasia, Apraxia, Dysarthria)
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders
U.C. Speech, Language and Hearing Clinic Procedures
The UC Speech and Language Clinic offers clinical services to children and adults with a variety of communication disorders. The Clinic serves as a training center for speech-language pathology and audiology students who are under the direct supervision of licensed and certified faculty, including speech language pathologists and audiologists. Diagnostic and therapy sessions can be observed by students and other university personnel for educational purposes. The types of program offerings in this clinic may reflect clinical and/or research efforts and may yield variable scheduling and/or financial responsibilities.
Clinic address: 3202 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267-3202
- To cancel an appointment, please call the clinic office as soon as possible:
- The supervising therapist and/or student clinician may also give you his/her contact information. Voice messages are acceptable.
- If an appointment is missed without notification, you will be charged the regular fee for the missed session.
- We understand that circumstances can cause late arrivals. If you are ten minutes late, we will make a courtesy call to see if you are on your way. If that is the case, we will start the session when you arrive, but the session will end at the regular time.
- If more than three sessions are missed during the semester, you will receive a phone call to inform you that we need to give that therapy time slot to the next client on the waiting list.
- In the event that a therapy session is canceled by the clinic, attempts will be made to schedule a make-up session. Clinic days/hours of operation follow the University calendar schedule.
Parking is available in spaces directly outside the entrance door to the French East Building on the ground level.A temporary parking pass will be provided for your windshield at the beginning of the session and collected at the conclusion.Tickets from nearby parking garages cannot be validated.
Payment and Billing Information
Payments are made at time of service by cash, check or credit card.Please make checks payable to University of Cincinnati.
For more information regarding speech-language services, contact the UC Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders at 513-558-8503 or email email@example.com.
Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Faculty
Phyllis Breen, MA, CCC-SLP, Clinic Director
Krista Beyrer, MA, CCC-SLP
Sandra Combs, PhD, CCC-SLP
Sandra Grether, PhD, CCC-SLP
Leslie Raisor Becker, PhD, CCC-SLP
Erin Redle, PhD, CCC-SLP
Sue Schmidlin, M.A., CCC-SLP
Lisa Williamson, M.A., CCC-SLP