File a Bias Incident Report
The College of Allied Health Sciences is working to actively mitigate incidences of bias and create an inclusive culture where every member of our community has a sense of belonging and the opportunity to thrive. We have created this bias reporting tool as a mechanism for members of our Community to report incidents of bias related to the College of Allied Health Sciences.
Generally, a bias-related incident is when a member of our community (students, staff or faculty) has an experience of unfair or poor treatment, discrimination, invalidation or disenfranchisement based on their actual or perceived:
- Citizenship or immigration status
- Socioeconomic status
- Religious practice
- Ability (physical, psychological and cognitive)
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Parenting and pregnancy status
- Veteran status
These incidents can range from verbal insults to physical harm. If the reported incident includes physical or sexual harm both the University of Cincinnati Police Department and the Title IX offices will be made aware of the report.
- If the reporting individual has provided their contact information, they will receive an email confirmation that the report was received.
- The report is automatically sent to the College’s Assistant Dean for Inclusive Excellence.
- The Assistant Dean will review the report to determine if it needs to be routed to a higher level within the university (i.e. Title IX, Ohio Equal Opportunity Act, Student Code of Conduct). If it is determined that it should be routed to other entities in the university, the Assistant Dean for Inclusive Excellence will forward the information to the appropriate entities.
- The Assistant Dean for Inclusive Excellence will consult with the impacted individuals (if there is sufficient contact information) to further discuss the incident and advise the individuals on appropriate university entities to engage with regarding the incident (i.e., Academic Unit Head, Ombudsperson).
- If the incident is anonymously submitted, the Assistant Dean for Inclusive Excellence will log the report and forward to appropriate university entities if needed.
- All reported incidents will be maintained in a log and will be used to create a year-end report.
Bias Incident Reporting Form
This form is can be submitted anonymously; the reporter’s identity is only required if they wish to receive follow-up communication.
All reported incidents where follow-up is requested will be followed up on within 3 - 5 business days. This bias reporting tool is not meant to replace reporting to current offices such as Title IX and OEOA. If the reported incident includes physical or sexual harm both the University of Cincinnati Police Department and the Title IX offices will be made aware of the report.
Report a Bias Incident
Please complete this form to report your bias related incident within the College of Allied Health Sciences.