Why study Developmental Disabilities?
The Undergraduate Certificate in Developmental Disabilities in UC’s School of Social Work in the College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS) is designed to provide students from social work, allied health, nursing, medicine, political science, psychology, sociology, counseling, criminal justice, and other disciplines with the knowledge and skills to work with persons with developmental disabilities in a variety of social, healthcare, and educational settings. Students will explore and understand theories, programs, policies, interventions, and services related to this population.
Candidates who succeed in the developmental disabilities field demonstrate:
- A history of academic success
- The ability to collaborate with others, including those from diverse populations
- Leadership characteristics
- Responsible, empathic, honest and ethical behavior
- A commitment to social justice and a diverse society
- A history of good critical thinking and problem solving
PO Box 210108
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0108