Doctor of Audiology
Why study Audiology?
The graduate program in audiology is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association. The program involves an in-depth study of hearing, assessment and management of hearing disorders for children and adults, coupled with practicum experience in audiology.
The AuD program requires four years of study, with a full-time internship in the final year.
Sixteen doctoral faculty in the Department of Communications Sciences and Disorders, as well as faculty in other departments and adjunct faculty in the community, provide expertise and research mentoring in a wide variety of scientific and clinical aspects of audiology.
Applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Bachelor's degree. For students who enroll in the program, an official transcript with Bachelor's degree posted must be received by the CSD department prior to the beginning of the first semester. 3.0 minimum overall undergraduate grade point average.
- A minimum score of 100 IBT on the TOEFL for students whose native language is not English
An online application to the Doctor of Audiology program must be completed through CSDCAS (Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service) at https://portal.csdcas.org. CSDCAS will open for UC graduate applications on September 6, 2016. On CSDCAS, you will find detailed instructions regarding development of a profile and submission of materials. All application materials must be submitted to CSDCAS by December 15, including:
- extracurricular, volunteer and leadership activities, honors, and awards
- On CSDCAS you will be asked to write an essay of approximately 125 words (750 characters with spaces) per question to answer each of the following four questions. We hope that you will use external resources to inform your responses, when appropriate.
- Describe your academic, experiential, and personal qualifications for our graduate program in audiology. Be sure to tell us how your background and experience prepared you to interact differently with individuals who are different from you in their social, cultural or economic perspectives.
- What are some of the most important issues and research needs facing the profession of audiology today?
- Aside from passion and the desire to help others, what sets you apart from other candidates?
- Do you speak another language fluently?
-If not, just enter “No”
-If yes, which language(s)? Please describe your experiences using the language and how this skill will facilitate improved service delivery to people with communication disorders.
- academic information (courses, grades, etc.)
- transcripts from each college or university attended
- GRE scores must be sent by ETS directly to CSDCAS (code is 0734)
- three (3) letters of reference: It is strongly recommended that reference letters be written by instructors who can speak to your academic abilities and potential success as a graduate student.
- Please see the CSDCAS Website for current information on CSDCAS application fees.
- After you have submitted your application to the University of Cincinnati through CSDCAS and your CSDCAS application status has changed to "Verified", you will receive an email from UC with a link to pay the $85 University of Cincinnati application fee. The email and link to pay may take up to a month to arrive. You do not have to fill out a separate application for UC.
If you experience problems or have questions, contact CSDCAS Customer Service at (617) 612-2030 or at email@example.com. The initial review process for completed files begins in January and takes approximately 6-12 weeks. Incomplete files will not be reviewed. Admission decisions will be made in writing only.
The doctoral education program in audiology at the University of Cincinnati is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850, (800) 498-2071 or (301) 296-5700.
3202 Eden Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0379