Health Administration : Online
Master of Health Admin
What is Health Administration : Online?
The mission of the University of Cincinnati Master of Health Administration program (MHA) is to provide a high quality, graduate degree program to students who may not have access to traditional education opportunities with a high quality, individualized curriculum in health care administration and management. This professional degree program will prepare students to assume health care leadership roles within health care organizations and institutions, health care systems and teams.
Based upon the mission of this program, the goals for the program are:
To allow students whose professional and personal situations, such as location, employment and other factors, to learn in a manner consistent with their needs through the use of an asynchronous online-learning model
To educate MHA students in the knowledge, skills and competencies of health care leadership and management allowing them to build and advance in their chosen field
To provide a value-driven and socially responsible educational experience which promotes leadership excellence through quality improvement, inter professional team development, cultural competency and the building and sustenance of healthy communities.
To stimulate a commitment to intellectual curiosity, life-long learning and innovation
This program primarily utilizes an online-learning asynchronous approach. Our best practice approach to learning draws upon experience and perspectives in leadership, finance, quality improvement, epidemiology, health economics and health policy to provide a broad-based educational experience leading to outcomes which will benefit the students’ organizations and communities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- List of three references: one which addresses the applicant’s academic readiness for graduate-level work, one which addresses the applicant’s work ethic and habits, and one which addresses the candidate’s communications and interpersonal skills
- Resume/CV of personal, professional and educational background
- Letter of intent or brief essay (no more than three double spaced pages) which must include the following information: academic goals, professional objectives, work plan for completing the degree, and level of motivation for this program.
- Complete the University of Cincinnati online graduate application
- International applicants must have a minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 580 (paper version), 237 (computer), or 93 (Internet), and obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents
- GRE not required, but if you have taken the GRE/GMAT and would like submit your scores, the University’s code is 1833.
According to the BLS, average salaries for health administrators can range from $50,000 to $144,000, depending on education, experience, geographic area, job title and type of occupational setting. The median annual wage in May 2015 was $94,500.
The BLS projects the health care industry to grow by 19% between 2014 and 2024, adding more than 2.3 million jobs, more than any other industry. In 2013 there were more than 15.8 million jobs in health care in the U.S.
Positions for new graduates with a master’s in health administration span the full spectrum of operational functions in a health care setting. Management and leadership roles can often be found in:
- Government relations
- Human resources
- Information systems
- Marketing and public affairs
- Material management
- Medical staff relations
- Nursing administration
- Patient care services
- Planning and development
For more information visit http://healthadministration.uc.edu/ or contact an Enrollment Advisor at 877-398-3050.
If you would like to submit an electronic application for the Master of Health Administration program, please visit our on-line Graduate School Application website and complete the form.
To learn more about the Master of Health Administration Degree Program visit our program website: http://healthadministration.uc.edu/
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 35MAS-HADM-MHA-*HADM-DL