Radiation Science : Online
Why study Radiation Science : Online?
Fall in love with your profession again as you gain leadership and advanced clinical skills. This program is delivered online and designed to be convenient and flexible for working professionals. The program seeks to develop proficient leaders who can manage, innovate and lead change within the evolving health care environment.
This program is designed for students who have earned an associate degree from a medical imaging or radiation therapy program (i.e. radiologic technology, diagnostic medical sonography) and hold a national certification. Transfer credits may be awarded for previous educational experiences in these areas upon submission and review of appropriate documentation. Additional credits may be awarded for equivalent college courses taken at accredited institutions listed in the curriculum upon review of official transcripts.
To be admitted, students are required to hold national board certification within the profession. The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the core courses in the junior and senior years of the program:
- Earned associate degree
- National certification within the profession (magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, radiography, sonography)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in associate degree.
If you are nationally certified within the profession but do not have the associate degree, we can review your situation on an individualized basis and may be able to assist you in earning your associate degree so you can progress to the Radiation Science online bachelor's degree program.
Students in their last semester of a medical imaging or radiation therapy program may apply for conditional admission to the program. Conditional admission allows you to begin the program immediately following graduation with your associate degree so you don't have to wait a semester! By the end of your first semester, you must provide evidence of your earned AAS degree and your national professional practice credential. Once the evidence is verified, then you will be fully admitted to the program.
Students will be successful in this online program when they are self-driven, easily meet deadlines, and enjoy working with technology.
Unlock the knowledge and professional traits that define leadership in every organization. The UC Blue Ash online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology program is designed to help you develop the advanced skills to help you become a supervisor, clinical or academic educator, or advanced clinical technologist. Become a better communicator. Gain perspective on the bigger picture of health care. Focus on ethics, equity & inclusion, social responsibility, workplace education, clinical skills, research, project management, writing and leadership strategies. Whether you’re looking to advance in your current organization or seeking new opportunities elsewhere, this is a degree designed to help you gain autonomy and take the next step in your professional development.
- Build leadership perspective as you develop the leadership and clinical skills and competencies to help you advance or create new opportunities.
- Discover what it takes to make an impact as a manager, advanced clinical technologist, or educator within your department or a health care organization by focusing on communication, ethics, social responsibility and diversity in medical imaging and radiation sciences.
- Develop your core competencies to become a well-rounded professional who can excel as a critical thinker, problem solver and source of knowledge in a wide variety of organizations within the health care world.
- Develop clinical skill and competency in mammography and computed tomography (CT).
For more information on the Radiation Science Technology online bachelor's degree program please complete the Request Information form.
You may also contact Julie Gill, PhD, RT(R)(QM) at email@example.com with questions or if you need more information.
When you participate in the UC Blue Ash online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology program, you’re learning from and interacting with faculty members who are shaping the industry. Many of our faculty members are or have been influential leaders in some of the largest and most important organizations in radiologic science and technology today. These include: the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT), the Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences (AEIRS), the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), and the Ohio Society of Radiologic Technologists (OSRT). Our diverse faculty features award-winning technologists and educators. Many have received national and international exposure serving as elected officers, board members and delegates. In these roles they have helped to shape the curriculum that defines radiologic science and technology across the world today.
- Engage with UC Blue Ash faculty members who are thought leaders in the field, actively helping to shape the future of radiologic science and technology across the world.
- Experience the benefits of high--quality teaching from UC Blue Ash faculty who are specifically trained to be experts in delivering education online and embody a continued dedication to excellence in online learning.
The UC Blue Ash online Bachelor of Radiation Science Technology curriculum focuses on developing clinical, educational and management competencies as well as advancing theoretical knowledge in leadership theory. At its core, the program provides practical knowledge that is immediately applicable in the high-tech health care workplace. This direct application in conjunction with individual assignments and group projects promotes on-the-job visibility with existing organizational leaders and managers. In addition, the program structure helps to develop professional connections and career discovery opportunities through in-program networking and workplace skills application. It’s an approach that challenges students to think bigger about their role and radiologic science and technology within the larger health care context. Students are empowered to advocate for the field, for safety and innovation. It’s a unique experience that illustrates the importance of social responsibility for future leaders in the profession.
- Demonstrate the knowledge you learn during the program to create new opportunities and gain visibility with leadership.
- Gain practical knowledge and professional leadership skills that you can put to use in your career while you’re still in school.
- Network with working professional students and the faculty at UC Blue Ash to develop your professional connections and gain perspective that can help change the profession.
- Get involved and participate in an advanced analysis of radiologic science and technology to gain information that can help you get ahead of the curve, advocate and prepare for the future.
- Gain the clinical knowledge and experience to apply for post-primary examinations with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Students must maintain good standing, pass all courses with a C- or higher, and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 to graduate from this program.
Transfer students must meet the admission criteria and are required to have all of their college transcripts sent to University of Cincinnati, P.O. 210091, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0091 or electronically via Parchment or eScrip-Safe by the college.
- Students without an associate degree must send an Official High School Transcript (must be sent from the school or GED certificate and test scores) *If submitted by student the transcript MUST BE stamped "official" in a SEALED envelope from the school.
- Official College Transcript(s) - You are required to provide official transcripts from every college you have attended regardless of the number of credit hours you took or the grades you earned. If you have earned fewer than 30 semester or 45 quarter college credits, you must submit high school transcripts as part of your transfer application.
For more information, visit the Transfer and Transition Advising Center.
Transfer students should apply using our transfer student online application.
UC has developed clear pathways (articulation agreements) between select associate degrees at partner institutions and compatible bachelor’s degrees at UC. Each pathway includes a Transfer Degree Map that offers a semester-by-semester course comparison to assist with your transfer planning.
The following institutions have Transfer Degree Maps for this major:
- Columbus State Community College
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Eastern Gateway Technical College
- Lorain County Community College
- Sinclair Community College
- Zane State Community College
- Marion Technical College
- North Central State College
- Owens Community College
- Rhodes State College
- Ivy Tech Community College
- Belmont College
- Central Ohio Technical College
Application deadlines for this online program are listed below:
Fall Semester - July 1st
Spring Semester - November 15th
Summer Semester - March 15th
9555 Plainfield Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 28BAC-RDSC-BRST-.RDSC-DL