Registration, Textbooks, IDs & Calendars
|Important Dates and Deadlines|
|Virtual Welcome Session (calendar invite to follow)||Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022 7:00 pm EST|
|Orientation||May 16th and 17th, 2022 9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Virtual Welcome Session
Review the recording of our virtual welcome session for incoming DPT students.
Please refrain from enrolling in classes until given specific directions from the Program Coordinator. All program information will be sent to your UC email account. The email to register for courses will come later in the spring.
Incoming students will enroll in the following summer courses:
PT 8061C Gross Anatomy
PT 8079C Interventions I: Patient Handling
PT 8031 Clinical Medicine I
PT 8071 Professional Roles I: Introduction into the Physical Therapy Profession
PT 8076 Evidence Based Physical Therapy I: Foundations of Research
Please note that all course requirements and affiliated due dates will be based on the Eastern time zone.
Textbooks & Supplies
When registering for courses in Catalyst, you will notice a textbook icon to the right of the course number. Click on the icon to view required course textbooks. You can purchase textbooks from the UC Bookstore or elsewhere. If you choose to purchase a used textbook, be sure to buy the correct edition. We are currently reviewing our textbooks for summer semester. Once the textbooks for summer semester are approved, we will communicate with you. Please hold off on purchasing your summer textbooks until you hear back from us.
Alternatively, the UC Bookstore offers textbooks for rent. To learn more, visit the UC Bookstore Rental FAQ.
- 3x5 Index Cards - 1 package
- Lock for locker
- Scrubs or other type of protective covering such as a lab coat
- Jackets and name tag: Lab jackets and name tag will be ordered from McGill’s Incorporated Uniforms Unlimited. Please enter code UCPT2022 in the link labeled School Ordering Portals (note all caps) by April 25th. The lab jacket is to be worn during professional activities and is not for use in the gross anatomy lab.
- You will need to purchase a BP Cuff and a Stethoscope. You will need these items for class but not on the first day. The cost of these items varies, do not get the least expensive but you will not need the most expensive. More information may be provided in class.
- Up-to-date tetanus vaccination (required for Gross Anatomy).
The Bearcat Card is your University of Cincinnati student ID.
Student IDs are required for access to campus dining halls, libraries, sport facilities, computer laboratories, classrooms and practice labs (after regular business hours) and can also be used to conduct financial transactions on and around campus.
If you are new to UC, please see UC’s Public Safety Keys & Badges website regarding obtaining a Bearcat Card. If you are unable to obtain your badge prior to the first day of class, you must obtain it by the end of the first week of classes. You must pick-up your Bearcat Card - this is located on west campus Jefferson/West Corry Street
- Park in the Corry Street parking garage (free parking for 30 minutes or less)
- Address: UC Parking Services 4 Edwards Center - Regular Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-6pm, Friday 7am-5pm Summer Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-5pm (hours subject to change) Phone: 513-556-4925.
The University of Cincinnati's Office of the Registrar maintains several calendars, including:
- Academic Year
- Registration, Withdrawals, Fees and Funds
- Early Registration
- Final Exams
For a full list of available calendars, visit the registrar's calendars page.