Registration, Textbooks, IDs & Calendars
|Important Dates and Deadlines|
|Virtual Welcome Session (calendar invite to follow)||Tuesday, March 21, 2023 7:00 pm EST|
|Orientation||May 15th and 16th, 2023 9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Please refrain from enrolling in classes until given specific directions from the Program Coordinator. All program information will be sent to your UC email account. The email to register for courses will come in the next few weeks.
Incoming students will enroll in the following summer courses:
PT 8061C Gross Anatomy
PT 8079C Interventions I: Patient Handling
PT 8031 Clinical Medicine I
PT 8071 Professional Roles I: Intro into the Physical Therapy Profession
PT 8076 Evidence Based Physical Therapy I: Foundations of Research
Please note that all course requirements and affiliated due dates will be based on the Eastern time zone.
The Bearcat Card is your University of Cincinnati student ID.
Student IDs are required for access to campus dining halls, libraries, sport facilities, computer laboratories, classrooms and practice labs (after regular business hours) and can also be used to conduct financial transactions on and around campus.
If you are new to UC, please see UC’s Public Safety Keys & Badges website regarding obtaining a Bearcat Card. If you are unable to obtain your badge prior to the first day of class, you must obtain it by the end of the first week of classes. You must pick-up your Bearcat Card - this is located on west campus Jefferson/West Corry Street
- Park in the Corry Street parking garage (free parking for 30 minutes or less)
- Address: UC Parking Services 4 Edwards Center - Regular Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm (hours subject to change). It is a recommendation to call before you pick up the ID in case the hours have been changed. Phone: 513-556-4925.
The University of Cincinnati's Office of the Registrar maintains several calendars, including:
- Academic Year
- Registration, Withdrawals, Fees and Funds
- Early Registration
- Final Exams
For a full list of available calendars, visit the registrar's calendars page.
Textbooks & Materials
- PT 8031: Clinical Medicine I - Instructor recommends the electronic version of the textbook because of its size. Required
- PT 8061: Gross Anatomy - Ye Liu will be sharing the syllabus with you the week prior to classes. The Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy has a free e-book version available. Instructions on how to access will be provided. Two of the five textbooks are required.
- PT 8071: Professional Roles I - Text is optional
- PT 8076: Evidence Based PT I - Text is optional
- PT 8079: Interventions I - Required
- 3x5 Index Cards - 1 package
- Lock for locker
- Scrubs or other type of protective covering for Gross Anatomy labs
- Name tag: We order our name tags through McGill’s Incorporated Uniforms Unlimited. Please enter code UCPT2023 in the link labeled School Ordering Portals (note all caps) by April 25th.
- You will need to purchase a BP cuff and a stethoscope. These items will be used in class, though not on the first day. The cost of these items varies. It is recommended not to purchase the least expensive equipment, though it also isn't necessary to purchase the top of the line BP Cuff and stethoscope either. More information may be provided in class.
- Up-to-date tetanus vaccination (required for Gross Anatomy).