IT Coordinator, CL02 CETIS Tech Division, Center for Educational Technology & Instructional Support
Ensuring that the processes and procedures are in place and being followed accordingly
Computer User Support Spceicialist, CL02 (5/13 - 6/16)
Became the main personnel for creating, refining, and removing processed, and procedures, as taksed by the IT Director. Sat on Search committees for new hires. Created SOPs for how to install and configure department specific softwares. Other job responsibilities include the following listed below:
- Became an IT SME for the Sharp MFP Printing Technologies for each department, used by the college. Made sure that any specified user was given access to their departmental printer, by adding them manually to the User Control List, referencing a 5 digit User Number that they would need to scan copy, and fax. Created documentation on how to install the Sharp MFP printers, and how to configure them. Communicated printers additions and removals with the Manager of Reprographic Services
- Trained, and supervised the IT Student Worker staff on policies and procedures with lecture capture, digitization, re-imaging PCs, using Windows Backup, equipment checkout, classroom and lab sSupport, and joining workstations to our domain. Assisted with their devlopment of basic to intermediate desktop/laptop troubleshooting skills.
- Began the installation of UniverSIS on iPads. Tested successful with the Director of Academics for UC's School of Social Work. Also, tested successful for the Director of Student Affairs in CAHS.
- Assisted in poster printing and PRaISE, the CAHS Research Conference, held on West Campus. Began as the IT Lead for PRaISE poster printing. Became the Lead IT/AV Support Staff for the Annual PRaISE Event.
- New Phone Setup
- Data Jack Activation
- Voice Jack Activation
- New Data Drop Installation
- Server Storage Increase
- Created documentation for users to fill out whenever they needed access to our network shares (Home and Shared directories on our file server).
- Began creating Security Groups and locking access down to only those security groups.
- Created GPOs for our IT Student Workers, as well as the labs onsite within CAHS.
- Named as the backup Spiceworks Administrator. Responsible for Creating User Accounts and Custom Attributes for the IT Help Desk database. Job duties also include creating Asset Accounts, User Accounts, and Custom Attributes for the Device and People Inventory databases.
Equipment Applications Specialist, CL01 - CL02: (4/11 - 4/13)
Provided onsite IT/AV Support mainly for the College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS), located in the French Building on East Campus. One of the original founding members of the Center or Educational Technologies and Instructional Support, or CETIS for short. Duties performed on a daily basis include:
- PC imaging and rebuilding.
- Hardware peripheral installation.
- Software installs and configurations.
- Lab desktop and laptop support.
- Class projector setups
- Lecture capture using Mediasite (Sonic Foundry)
- Poster printing
- Digitizing VHS Tapes to DVDs.
- Accepted the role as IT Project Manager for setting up the new Social Work Computer Lab.
Instructional Designer & Digital Media Specialist, Center for Educational Technology & Instructional Support
Senior Instructional Designer, Center for Educational Technology & Instructional Support