Minimum Recommended Hardware (computer)
- Intel i5 processor
- 8 GB RAM, 16 GB recommended
- Video Card
- Broadband Access (DSL/Cable/Fioptics)
- Sound card with internal or external speakers
- Web Camera with integrated microphone
- Printer or access to a printer
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 365 (Windows/Mac)
- Microsoft TEAMs (included with O365) is a collaboration tool that provides teams chat, calling, and file sharing
- Microsoft TEAMS and Zoom license
- Up-to-date web browser Firefox, Chrome, Safari (for Mac) are preferred
- Virus protection software
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: View and print millions of documents on the Web with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
- VLC Media Player – Multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs.
You will require basic knowledge of computer use and internet skills to begin and progress through your program in the College of Allied Health Sciences. Skills that you should have prior to the first day in your program:
- Use of computer, mouse, and keyboard
- Use of passwords and accessing secured sites via login – username and password
- Computer software installation, including internet security and virus protection
- Manage computer files, such as saving, deleting, naming/renaming, moving, backup
- Sending, uploading, and downloading attachments
- Use of common software applications, such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, TEAMs), Zoom, Multimedia player, Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Use of functions associated with software – copying and pasting, spell checking, etc.
- Internet search skills, including accessing library databases
- Proficiency in email use, virtual meetings/web conferencing (e.g., Zoom, TEAMS meeting), and other modes of online communication
- Printing, copying, scanning documents
Need IT Help?
Digital Technology Solutions (DTS) provides technology tools to support your work in the classroom and online. To learn more, go to Software & Technology Tools. Look for the section "Need IT Help?" on the linked page listed above for further instructions.
Center for Educational Technology and Instructional Support
Help Desk - Health Sciences Building Atrium