Recommended Hardware (computer)
- Intel i5 processor
- 8 GB RAM
- Video Card
- Broadband Access (DSL/Cable/Fioptics)
- Sound card with internal or external speakers
- Web Camera with integrated microphone
- Printer or access to a printer
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 365 (Windows/Mac) provided free of charge to UC students
- Up-to-date web browser (Firefox (preferred), Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari).
- Virus protection software: McAfee provided free of charge to UC students
- Flash Player – latest version
- Java – latest version
- Java JDK for PC/Mac
- QuickTime PC/Mac: QuickTime lets you add more than 200 digital media capabilities and components to your Mac or PC.
- Macromedia Shockwave Player: Macromedia's Shockwave Player lets you experience automation and entertainment in your Web browser.
- Macromedia Flash Player for PC/Mac: Macromedia's Flash Player lets you experience automation and entertainment in your Web browser. https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: View and print millions of documents on the Web with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You will require basic knowledge of computer use and internet skills in order to begin and progress through program in the College of Allied Health Sciences. Skills that you should have prior to the first on campus session:
- Use of computer mouse and keyboard
- Computer software installation, including internet security and virus protection
- Managing files on a computer – saving, deleting, naming, renaming, moving, backing up, etc.
- Sending, uploading, and downloading attachments
- Use of common software applications – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook (email)
- Use of functions associated with software – copying and pasting, spell checking, etc.
- Internet search skills including accessing library databases and use of various search engines
- Proficiency in email use and other modes of online communication
- Printing documents – hard copy and pdf formats
- Use of passwords and accessing secured sites via login – username and password