Medical Laboratory Science Leadership : Online
Master of Science
Why study Medical Laboratory Science Leadership : Online?
The Master of Medical Laboratory Science Leadership (MMLSL) is a 100% online laboratory leadership program that includes applications of advanced knowledge applicable across the entire laboratory. Students are provided with an opportunity to select a concentration in one of three areas. In addition to the complex core, the program includes integrative knowledge on the implementation of molecular diagnostics into all core laboratory areas, specialized integrative and translational medical diagnostics, educational applications specific to laboratory science and accreditation standards, or laboratory administration that focuses on human and financial resources along with the laboratory regulatory requirements.
The curriculum is designed to prepare advanced practitioners as well as leaders in the health care profession and in higher education. The Medical Laboratory Science Leadership program includes didactic and empiric learning in the core areas of advanced immunology, method development, evidenced-based practice, interprofessional collaboration, molecular diagnostics, quality management, laboratory science education, and laboratory administration. All students are required to have two years minimum of professional practice in medical laboratory science, and be currently employed within the profession. This provides the basis for integration of their past and current professional experiences into the discussions and personal reflection necessary in a successful leadership program and in support of the capstone project.
- Complete the online UC application and pay application fee
- Unofficial transcripts from all college or universities attended uploaded to the application system
- Shows a minimum baccalaureate degree: Must be from an accredited college or university
- UC defines unofficial transcripts as copies (or translations) of transcripts provided by students to the university. Official transcripts are sent in sealed envelopes directly to UC from the student’s attended universities.
- If you are admitted and confirm that you accept the admission, you will then submit official transcripts directly to the Graduate School at UC. Further direction will be sent to you after admission. Official transcripts should not be sent to the Graduate School until you are accepted and have completed your online enrollment form included with your acceptance letter.
- Active Medical Laboratory Science credential for all certified laboratory professionals.
- Upload an active (non-expired) copy of your MLS credential from ASCP, AMT, AABB or equivalent.
- Upload your CV/Resume demonstrating a minimum of 2 years of professional practice in medical laboratory science or 5 years for applicants not holding current clinical certification.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Provide a statement of your academic and professional goals
You can focus and excel in the career that is right for you when choosing 1 of 3 concentration options:
- Medical Lab Science Advanced Practice,
- Higher Education, or
- Health Administration.
The program consists of 6 medical lab science core classes, 1 capstone course, and 1 set of concentration courses.
Completion of the 30 program credits including 3 hours of Capstone. A 3.0 GPA is required to graduate.
Students who have earned graduate credits from accredited institutions may be eligible to apply some or all of those credits towards their pursuit of the Master of Medical Laboratory Science Leadership degree, provided they are from an accredited institution. Please contact the program for specifics about the policy.
Transcripts for a Degree Program received outside the U.S. must be evaluated by a credible credential evaluation organization such as WES.
Because this is an online program, students abroad will not need visas, and will complete the program remotely.
3225 Eden Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45267
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 35MAS-MLSC-MS-.MLSC-DL