Health Informatics : Online
Master of Health Informatics
Why study Health Informatics : Online?
Health informatics is a multifaceted discipline firmly established at the intersection of information technology and health. UC graduates from this program are well prepared to improve patient care, quality, efficiency, safety and population health through the use of information technology and systems. Integrated into the operations of all modern health care organizations, health informatics practice includes the people, processes, technology, and systems required to acquire, store, retrieve, optimize and use health information. Informatics is a natural transition for those in health-oriented occupations including medicine, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, occupational therapy, and medical research. It is also a good fit for tech-savvy and technology-focused occupations related to information systems. Some professions that could thrive in the realm of health informatics include systems analysts, software developers, data analysts, information scientists, programmers, system administrators, and information security analysts.
Good oral and written communicators, technical, detail-oriented, ethical, critical thinkers.
- Project Manager
- Chief Medical Information Officer
- Chief Nursing Informatics Officer
- System Analyst
- Health Data Analytics Specialist
- Health Data Warehouse Specialist
- Health Informatics Consultant
- Testing Specialist
- Usability Specialist
- Implementation Specialist
- Business Analyst
- Database Designer
- Workflow analyst
- Quality Improvement Specialist
- HIPAA Compliance Officer
- Privacy and Security Compliance Officer
- Accelerated – Graduate in as little as two years with the part-time option
- Relevancy – Focus on information systems, informatics and information technology
- Balance – Pursue an education that is 100% online and achieved on your schedule
- Opportunity – Build your career at the intersection of health and technology
- Experience – Interact with faculty who are active leaders from the fields of health care and information systems
The faculty and staff of the University of Cincinnati online Master of Health Informatics program are experienced practitioners and academicians. They remain active practitioners and leaders in the healthcare and information technology industries in addition to their academic courses and research.
- Built around Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) competencies
- One of the most affordable total tuition rates of any online MHI program
- Special focus on project management and data analytics and business intelligence helps graduates better affect consumer health by influencing the efficiency, safety, and quality of patient care
- Can join program with any bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- No GRE required
- Flexible program has six enrollment periods per year
- Curriculum developed through collaboration of College of Allied Health and College of Business to create a well-rounded informatics professional
- Students gain the foundational knowledge required for the PMP credential (some additional requirements include work experience)
Completion of the 33 program credits including 6 hours of practicum. A 3.0 GPA is required to graduate.
Students who have earned graduate credits from accredited institutions may be eligible to apply some or all of those credits towards their pursuit of the Master of Health Informatics, provided they are from an accredited institution. Please contact the program for specifics about the policy.
We will accept transfers from other UC majors as long as they meet the criteria for admission into this program.
Transcripts for a Degree Program received outside the U.S. must be evaluated by a credible credential evaluation organization such as WES.
Because this is an online program, students abroad will not need visas, and will complete the program remotely.
Health Sciences Building
3225 Eden Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45267
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 35MAS-HI-MHI-.HI-DL