Our audiology clinic provides comprehensive services for individuals concerned with their hearing. This includes prevention of hearing loss, assessment of hearing acuity, and treatment for hearing loss.
If you cannot hear or understand people when they talk or they seem to mumble when they speak, you may be suffering from hearing loss. Hearing loss is an invisible program that affects your daily life.
Specifically, the clinic specializes in:
- Hearing screening and testing
- Assistive listening devices & amplifiers
- Comprehensive Audiological evaluation
- Hearing aid dispensing and orientation
- Hearing aid evaluation and inspection
- Hearing protection (earplugs, musician earplugs, swim earmolds)
- Cerumen Management
- Auditory Processing Evaluation
- Tinnitus Management
- Communication strategies, counseling, and support groups
Following comprehensive hearing evaluation, hearing loss management includes examination of the impact of diminished hearing on one's vocation, family, and social outlets.
Appropriate treatment is determined by the patient in conjunction with doctoral student clinicians working under direct faculty supervision and may include the selection and fitting of appropriate hearing aid amplification, recommendation of hearing assistance technologies (television or telephone amplifiers, signal alerting devices for alarm clocks, doorbells, smoke detectors, etc.), or instruction on effective communication strategies for those with hearing loss and their family members.
Appointments scheduled during Clinic hours.
Speech & Hearing Clinic.
Cost varies based on management recommendation. We offer discounts for UC employees and family members.