MS in Nutrition Sciences - Clinical Nutrition
Applicants interested in the MS in Nutrition Sciences-Clinical Nutrition concentration program must meet the following admissions requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 at the undergraduate level based on a 4.0 scale
- A verification statement for completion of the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements of a nutrition and dietetics education program accredited by ACEND® (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Offered applicants will be required to submit their DPD Verification Statement prior to the start of the program.
- Students enrolled in UC's DPD Certificate will complete DPD credits as part of the graduate program prior to taking the graduate Supervised Practices in Dietetics courses.
- UC's program has the following recency requirements
- Completion of Biochemistry I & II within 7 years of starting the masters program
- Completion of Medical Nutrition Therapy I & II within 5 years of starting the masters program
International Student Requirements
If you have a foreign degree, you would need to ensure you have a DPD Verification Statement from an ACEND® accredited institution. Please review ACEND®'s Education and Credentialing Requirements for Those with Foreign Degrees, for additional information including where you can get your degree validated.
If your academic degree(s) is validated as equivalent to the bachelor's or master's degree conferred by a US regionally-accredited college or university and you can provide a DPD verification statement, then you can apply directly to the MS in Nutrition Sciences - Clinical Nutrition concentration. Please reach out to John Pantel at email@example.com to ensure your eligibility before applying.
- International students need to submit a transcript evaluation with a GPA conversion to a 4.0 scale. Any credit evaluators that are members of National Association of Credit Evaluators (https://www.naces.org/members) can be used. SpanTran https://spantran.com/web/ is one of the lowest cost options. Applications without a transcript evaluation will not be considered for admission.
- International students must demonstrate English proficiency. Most students fulfill the English requirement by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Testing System (IELTS), or the PEARSON Test of English (PTE). For IELTS, an overall band score of 6.5 is sufficient for graduate admission. For PEARSON, a score of 54 is sufficient. TOEFL requirements vary based on the type of TOEFL test taken, and scores are valid for up to two years. The minimum university requirement is:
- 520 (paper-based test), or
- 190 (computer-based test), or
- 80 (internet-based test)
- Learn more on Graduate School’s English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- 520 (paper-based test), or