Early Admission Pathways
The University of Cincinnati offers two early admission pathways for students in Health Science - Pre-Athletic Training. These pathways will allow gain early assurance into UC's Master of Athletic Training program.
Accelerated Early Assurance Pathway
Designed for students who enter the Health Sciences - Pre-Athletic Training Pathway as a first-year student. Transfer/transfer students may be eligible for the Accelerated Early Assurance program depending on their previous course credits.
If you are enrolled in the Health Sciences - Pre-Athletic Training program as a first-year student, you are automatically on the Accelerated Early Assurance Pathway - which will allow you to complete your undergraduate degree and the MS in Athletic Training program in just 5 years. Additionally, if you are on the Accelerated Assurance Pathway, the GRE requirement will be waived.
To remain in good standing in Accelerated Assurance Pathway:
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA ≥ 3.33
- Must maintain an MSAT essential pre-requisite course GPA of ≥ 3.0
- Membership in either REHABCATS, the Health Sciences Club, or HealthCats (west campus student organization for UG students in pre-health professions majors)
- If the cumulative GPA falls below a 3.33 OR essential pre-requisite course GPA falls below 3.0 a student will have 1 semester to recover to ≥ 3.33 & 3.0 respectively.
- If either the cumulative GPA or essential pre-requisite GPA remains below the requirement stated above the student will move into the Standard Early Assurance Pathway.
At the end of spring semester of year 2, HLSC-PreAT students should verify that all Accelerated Entry Pathway criteria will be met by the end of spring semester year 3. Once verified, the student must complete the application to the MSAT program in ATCAS (this includes completing the application with the UC Graduate School). Both of theses application must be completed by November 15 in order for the student to be considered for scholarship awards.
Early Assurance Pathway
Designed for students who transfer/transition into Health Sciences - Pre-Athletic Training or for students who do not need the requirements for the Accelerated Assurance Pathway.
The Early Assurance Pathway allows you to reserve your spot in the MS in Athletic Training program and also gives you other perks like GRE waivers and more. This pathway will take you six years and includes four years of undergraduate education and two years of graduate education.
Program Director, Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise & Nutrition Sciences
3225 Eden Avenue | Cincinnati, OH 45267