Early Admission Pathways
The University of Cincinnati offers two early admission pathways for students in Health Science - Pre-Athletic Training. These pathways will allow gain early assurance into UC's Master of Athletic Training program.
Accelerated Early Assurance Pathway
Designed for students who enter the Health Sciences - Pre-Athletic Training Pathway as a first-year student. Transfer/transfer students may be eligible for the Accelerated Early Assurance program depending on thier previous course credits.
If you are enrolled in the Health Sciences - Pre-Athletic Training program as a first-year student, you are automatically enrolled in the Accelerated Early Assurance Pathway - which will allow you to complete your undergraduate degree and the MS in Athletic Training program in just 5 years.
To remain in good standing in Accelerated Assurance Pathway:
- Must maintain a cummulative GPA ≥ 3.333
- Must maintain an MSAT essential pre-requisite course GPA of ≥ 3.333
- Membership in either REHABCATS, the Health Sciences Club, or HealthCats (west campus student organization for UG students in pre-health professions majors)
- If either the cummulative or essential pre-requisite course GPA falls below 3.333 a student will have 1 semester to recover to ≥ 3.333
- If GPA remains < 3.333 the student will move into the Standard Early Assurance Pathway.
Early Assurance Pathway
Designed for students who transfer/transition into Health Sciences - Pre-Athletic Training or for students who do not need the requirements for the Accelerated Assurance Pathway.
The Early Assurance Pathway allows you to reserve your spot in the MS in Athletic Training program and also gives you other perks like GRE waivers and more. This pathway will take you six years and includes four years of undergraduate education and two years of graduate education.
Program Director, Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise & Nutrition Sciences
3225 Eden Avenue | Cincinnati, OH 45267