Applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- A baccalaureate or graduate degree in a field related to health or rehabilitation science
- At least a B average (3.0/4.0 system) in all college work, or other evidence of promise that is judged satisfactory by the program and the Graduate School
- Prior clinical or research experience in a field related to health or rehabilitation science (e.g. completed clinical rotations as an occupational therapy student; or worked as a research assistant in a rehabilitation research lab)
- Evidence of strong research interest, written & verbal communication skills, organization, problem solving, creative thinking and determination
- Availability of a faculty mentor with expertise in the applicant’s area of interest. Please see the roster of program faculty for descriptions of research areas and contact information. Prospective students are encouraged to contact potential faculty mentor(s) before applying.
- Transcripts of undergraduate and graduate course work
- A current curriculum vitae
- A statement of purpose (less than 1000 words) describing professional interests, career aspirations and research experience. Importantly, this statement must also describe how applicant research interests align with those of one or more of the program faculty.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals with knowledge of the applicant’s potential for success in a PhD program
- Qualified applicants will also be required to participate in an interview
International Student Admission Requirements
English proficiency is required of all UC applicants whose native language is not English. Students can demonstrate proficiency in a number of ways at the graduate level. Learn more on Graduate School’s English Language Proficiency Requirements.
Health & Rehabilitaiton Sciences
Rehabilitation, Excercise and Nutrition Sciences