Applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- GRE scores must be sent by ETS directly to the University of Cincinnati (institution code is 1833).
- 3.0 minimum overall undergraduate grade point average.
- Narrative goals statement/essay describing academic and professional objectives for advanced study.
- Written response to a prompt generated by the faculty.
- Resume showing previous work experience, outside activities, scholarships, and honors.
- Original official transcript from each university attended regardless of length of attendance or number of credits. International transcripts are to be submitted to WES for USA-equivalence interpretation.
- Official final transcript(s) with bachelors and/or additional degree(s) posted -- to be submitted upon completion of the degree program(s).
- Three letters of recommendation relative to prospective student’s academic promise.
- Provide a copy of the master's thesis or evidence of other original research. Students who enter the doctoral program without such research experience will be required to conduct a research project prior to completion of course work at the University of Cincinnati.
International Student Admission Requriements
International students must fulfill U.S. Immigration Service requirements and register with the International Services and Foreign Student and the International Services Office. The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders requires the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of all applicants whose native language is not English. This test must be taken in the student’s own country before admission is granted. This requirement may be waived for a foreign student who has completed an academic program of two or more years in duration at an accredited American college or university. Presently the minimum TOEFL score acceptable for graduate work in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is 100. If the student uses other tests of English proficiency for application, the minimum score required is an overall band score of 7.5 for IELTS and 65 for the PEARSON test. Further information can be found on the Graduate School’s Website.