Health Information Management Administration : Online
B.S. in Health Sciences
Why study Health Information Management Administration : Online?
The distance learning health information management administration bachelor of science degree is designed for working professionals who want to advance their careers without sacrificing responsibilities at work and at home. This registered health information technician (RHIT) progression program builds on the knowledge and skills acquired through prior education and work experience. Graduates of this program are equipped with the knowledge to take the registered health information administrator (RHIA) certification exam.
An AHIMA-sponsored study indicates that a health information manager with an RHIA certification earns nearly $15,000 more annual median salary than one with the RHIT certification. According to a member study conducted by AHIMA, only 25 percent of health information management professionals with a RHIT certification earn more than $50,000 annually, while almost 60 percent with an RHIA make more than $50,000.
Applications for the bachelor of science in health information management are accepted continuously throughout the year. A complete application requires the following:
- Completed online University of Cincinnati application
- Completed BS HIM program application
- Official transcripts of all colleges/universities attended
- Associate of Science degree in health information management from a CAHIIM-accredited program with a minimum 2.6 GPA (on a 4.0 scale). Degree must include sufficient general education courses (i.e. English)
- Registered health information technician (RHIT). Graduates of an associate degree program have six (6) months to successfully complete the RHIT examination
- Submit current AHIMA membership card or proof of maintenance of RHIT certification
- Resume of professional and educational background
International students must have demonstrated a proficiency in the English language by completing the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum computer-based score of 187, a paper-based score of SIS, or an internet-based score of 66.
The Health Information Management - Distance Learning program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Health Sciences Building
3225 Eden Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45267
Program Code: 35BAC-HIMA-BSHS-.HIMA-DL