The Supervised Practice in Dietetics certificate program applications are accepted only as positions are available. Admission to the SPD is reserved for UC Nutrition & Dietetics majors or those that hold a UC certificate from the Didactic Program in Dietetics only.
Prospective SPD students must have, or expect to have earned by the end of the current academic year:
- a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0
- no less than a B- in the following nutrition courses:
- Nutrition Care Planning
- Medical Nutrition Therapy I
- Medical Nutrition Therapy II
- a verification statement signed by UC’s Undergraduate DPD (Didactic Program in Dietetics) Director
Deadline: November 15, annually.
Decisions will be disseminated by the SPD Admissions Committee in mid-December. Internships for accepted students will begin the following summer semester.
A complete application includes:
- Completed SPD Application (electronic application).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (uploaded to the SPD Application), regardless of whether or not the coursework was able to be transferred to UC. Current UC students may submit an unofficial UC transcript downloaded from UC Catalyst.
- Completed SPD Recommendation Form. Please ensure that you give your recommender plenty of time to fill out the electronic recommendation form, which will be sent to them after completion of the SPD Recommendation Form. You will need an email address and name for a recommender in each of the following categories.
- One recommendation from a course instructor.
- One recommendation from a foods or nutrition course instructor. If you are unable to obtain a recommendation from a foods or nutrition instructor, please contact the SPD Director.
- One recommendation from a work supervisor/manager